Hi, I’m James - an English guy living in Hong Kong - into technology, photos, comedy, smashing telly, Apple, iOS/Mac development and, of course, the weather.
I’m on GitHub too. Some of my repos:
- fail2ban-0.8.4-OpenSolaris - Changes to get fail2ban-0.8.4 to run on OpenSolaris 5.11 snv_134 with
- Alfred2-Workflows - Some workflows for Alfred 2.
- dotfiles - My current working branch. See diffs here.
- ios-library_LITE - A lite version of the official Urban Airship iOS library. The official library handles all of their products, supports armv6 devices and does all sorts of logging and analysis. And it crashed a lot. My version just handles [de]registration and fixed the crashes. Plus, it’s much smaller - 4 MB vs 16 MB. You can see all the gunk I removed here.
I also try to contribute to:
- Spotweb - a web-based usenet binary resource indexer.
- iTerm2 - a terminal emulator for Mac OS X that does amazing things.
- SVWebViewController - a simple inline browser for iOS.
- NYTPhotoViewer - A modern photo viewing experience for iOS.
- OneSignal-iOS-SDK - OneSignal is a free push notification service for mobile apps.
Also the occasional Gist:
- verifyReceipt.php - a script to verify iOS in-app purchase receipts
- checkDodgyIPs.php - look up the location of a list of IP addresses. Uses ipinfodb.com. Writes known IP info to a file to prevent repeat lookups.